March 07, 2010

UWM, May 1st

Dear Friends,

Sometimes I get letters from you guys asking where and when I'm next going to be giving a lecture. As you can imagine, that doesn't happen very often. First, I'm terribly shy; and second, I'm about as popular in the US as the Rev. Jeremiah Wright (remember him?). But once in a while, I do emerge from my cave. So here's the info: I'm speaking at a conference on "debt," being held at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, on May 1st. Actually, it's two days, April 30 and May 1, but I'm speaking there the afternoon of May
1, something like 2 p.m. So if you live in the Midwest, and want to stop by, feel free. (There may be a large contingent with baskets of rotten fruit in attendance, so I probably need all the support I can get. Well, perhaps not.) The title of my talk is "Is Debt the New Karma? Why America Finally Fell Apart." Cheery and upbeat, as with most of my stuff. By the way, there is a lot of good material on the program, judging by the various titles, so there's more reason to attend than just hearing from moi.

Hasta la vista etc...

3 Comments:

Blogger PALOBLANCO-CAJANEGRA said...

Dear Mauricio, un gran abrazo after the earthquake:

Interesting subject my friend, 8for me at least one of the best!). For Nietzsche Atheist means: without debt, and his concept of “bad consciousness” is actually based on eternal debt (see his Genealogy of Morals) at least for me a revelation that actually calmed my catholic guilt, jaja .

Richard Dawkins makes an atheist's call to arms: See this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxGMqKCcN6A

Maybe the feeling of debt has always been the Karma, the route of fear as the eternal enemy?... just guessing.

Here in Chile luckily you are quite popular, so don`t worry, at least here your always welcomed.

Have a good time in Wisconsin and take care amigo.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Susan W. said...

Dear Dr. Berman,

Will this lecture be available on your blog? Also, you mentioned that you had written a book of poetry and I was wanting to know when that will be published.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Morris Berman said...

Dear Susan,

I'm in NY rt now, so can't post it, but will when I return to Mexico in abt a week. Vol. of poetry should be out this fall or a bit later, will let u know.

mb

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home